RE: driveway sealer

To: bduncan@molbio.Princeton.EDU
Subject: RE: driveway sealer
From: Ron Horwitz <ronglue@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 07:43:43 -0700 (PDT)
Brian Duncan wrote:

> I have a couple of 5-gallon pails of Sears driveway
sealer that was
> inadvertently left in an unheated shed over winter
(despite the warning
on
> the label) and allowed to freeze and thaw.  It has
changed from an
emulsion
> to separate components of solids and liquids.  Does
anyone know if there
is
> any way to reconstitute this to a useable form, or
should I take it to my
> town's hazardous waste collection?  Thanks in
advance for any insights.

I am a chemist for an adhesive manufacturer, and when
we put "keep from
freezing" on a label, we mean it.  Once it freezes and
separates, all the
kings horses aren't going to put it back together
again.  There are lots of
products that can phase that will go back together
with stirring.

Ron
http://personals.yahoo.com

///