Level flooring (was RE: new member Keith)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Level flooring (was RE: new member Keith)
From: "Keith Kaplan" <keithka@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:58:55 -0700
What about that stuff they advertise in the back of Grassroots
Motorsports for leveling your floor?  It seems like some kind of floor
paint that goes on runny enough to level itself out (I assume you build
a dam around the area you're covering) and yet it somehow dries when
it's that thick.  It would also have to shrink evenly as it dries.

For that matter, how about the really runny concrete they pour over
radiant floor heating?  Wouldn't it end up level when it hardens?  So
make your normal shop and floor, then when that's all done settling,
make the level spot.

I guess you'd want a nice transition ramp area for a few inches in all
directions, maybe painted a bright color -- it'd be easy to trip over
the little edge between the main floor and the alignment area.