Restorations...

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: Restorations...
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:43:52 -0400
"Randall Young" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM> wrote:

> How can you claim you're restoring it, when you've re-engineered all the
> fasteners ?? Seems to me it's a modification, just like wider wheels and
> metal-flake paint.

It seems like the language is degrading as we speak (type)...

I've see ads for cars (everything from Jeep CJ-5s to Miatas) as fully restored.
Then when you read the detailed description, you discover that just about
everything in the car has been "upgraded" and "improved" - things like adding
a big block Chevy to the CJ-5 and replacing the suspension on a Miata "R"
package (factory "racing" suspension).  Restorations?  No way.  Heavily
modified?  Definitely.  Improved?  Maybe...

Tim Mullen

///