advice requested on alarm/security systems

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: advice requested on alarm/security systems
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@suespammers.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 09:45:07 -0400
i've started looking at security systems for our house.

3400 sq ft, too many exterior doors (9 total, 3 or 4 of which could
have been left out without causing inconvenience), small furry
residents that i would rather didn't trigger motion sensors.

we're likely to need some wireless sensors, as adding wiring to the
exterior walls will probably be messy, although adding wiring for
interior walls is pretty easy for the most part.

there is some x10 stuff in the house, although i'm unclear on the
advantages of tying our x10 installation to the security system,
despite the extent to which such features are plugged in the catalogs.

i'd also want to have keypads for arming/disarming the system at two
of the entrances minimum, probably don't need more than two.

i have nothing invested at this point, and so can go in most any
direction. anyone have any advice?

thanks,
  richard

///