Re: corrosive perspiration

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: corrosive perspiration
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:10:46 -0400 (EDT)
Well, many thanks to Randall, Elton, Roger (no, I'm not redheaded, but
I do have Scottish blood in me, and I'll check the r.c.metalworking
archives (thanks!),) Phil, Roland, Scott, Mike and Rex for all the
suggestions and references.

I feel better about the oily rags now, but I'll still be careful.  And
I'll try the baking soda, the vinegar, and if all else fails, the
nitrile gloves.  I bought some a while back, and have only used a
few.  I don't like soaking my hands in stuff that rots tool steel, but
the skin does grow back, right?

Scott mentioned a rotted steering wheel -- my steering wheel cover
(leather) is rotted where my left (steering) hand resides; the right
hand side is deteriorating, but not as much as the shift knob cover!
But I don't think I want to try any cutting to rectify it.

Anyway, thanks again to all for the support.
Donald.

///