Re: Air lines in the shop

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: Air lines in the shop
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 07:53:25 -0700
Mike Rambour wrote:

- snip -

> I assume and no one said anything about NOT using copper pipe last week, so I
> assume its safe and I can do it, right?

Hi Mike,

Copper will be fine. I just used "L" grade 3/4" pipe
(standard interior-grade copper tubing), but you could
use "M" if you want the extra thickness.

There was some concern expressed by listers about the
copper "work hardening" from many expansion cycles, but
I do not think it is a practical problem in our actual
applications.

The only place that a sweated joint may melt is between
the head and tank.  The tank will cool off the air well
below the melting point of solder.

regards,

doug shook

///