RE: Video security system for shop

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Video security system for shop
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:15:45 -0700
> If you run across any other interesting approaches, please let me know.

Check out

http://www.pcprivateeye.com/

Sounds like just what you want, already written in a $20 PC package.  Of
course, you'll still need to buy hardware, but web cams are pretty cheap.

If for example I'm at the office, and motion is detected at my front door,
e-mail will notify me with picture attachments and a url to link to with my
browser. When I connect with my browser I can see all recent pictures, take
a current snapshot, as well as perform remote management of PC Private Eye
options.
<<<

///