Re: parts washer

To: JNiolon@uss.com
Subject: Re: parts washer
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 15:11:17 -0400
JNiolon@uss.com wrote:

> I need a parts washer for mostly little stuff (I'm a motorcycle guy more
> than a car guy....) Cleaning up tools, carb parts, etc.

  If you want to go extremely minimalist, I got a plastic
parts washer from the local mega mart. Judging by the
pictures on the box, they probably marketed it towards
bicycle repair.

  Anyways, it's called the "wash board" and it has a
reservoir, a spray bottle, a brush, and a hand
pump.

  You pump the solvent from the bottom up into the tank,
do your thing, and drain it back into the bottom and
the whole unit can store on it's side.

  I use castrol super clean as a solvent, which is
very mild both as a solvent and as something to have
in your garage.

  If you only need to do small things, this is about
the cheapest and least-intrusive option.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca

///