Re: lawn tractors

To: <JNiolon@uss.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: lawn tractors
From: Brian Kennedy <kennedybc@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:11:02 +0100
John, Every now and then I look at new tractors and then do another repair
on my 25 year old Bolens 16hp hydrostatic. The old duffer at the repair and
sales shop told me he it to take him about 12 hours a week to cut his grass
with a tractor much like mine. He switched to the zero turn machine and it
cut his time in half. He had a lot of things to cut around so it made a big
difference. I expect if you have a pretty open space, it wouldn't matter
that much.
Brian
P.S. Nobody around here could get parts for my Bolens, but I found Sonny's
farm in Indiana on the internet and they always manage to figure out what
the new part number is and get me what I need.
--

Brian C. Kennedy
Email kennedybc@mediaone.net

> From: JNiolon@uss.com
> Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:21:56 -0500
> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
> Subject: lawn tractors
>

> So after discussing my rebuild options on Kohler engines and finding short
> block prices over 700.00 I'm wondering about replacing my 22 year old cub
> cadet...
>
> I'm looking for recommendations on lawn tractors in the 12-20 hp range,
> hydrostatic drive... options would include hydraulic deck lift, pto, etc...
>
> any good reports, warnings, prices, other considerations....  in other
> words... what are you guys happy with or totally dissatisfied with ???
>
> and what about the ZTR (zero turn radius machines) ?
>
> john

///