Re: Truck bed liners

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Truck bed liners
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:30:34 -0400
I think it's a yes and no thing.

Yes, I agree with you about problems with adhesion coming from the exact things
you mention.

But I also believe no applies.  Just as some areas of cars cause them to trap
water
and promote rust, so can a spray in bed liner.  Not that it inherently will,
but that
it can, depending on the truck design.  On my truck for example, any water that
would leak in around the tail lights (and it will) would then be trapped by the
bed
liner.  The front of the bed bottom which normally allows water to drain from
the
bed front would become a trapping point for dirt sprayed up from below, and be
unaccessable for cleaning (winter salt).

>>> "Rex Burkheimer - WM" <rex@txol.net> 07/24 9:32 AM >>>
I suspect that is a preparation issue. It is important to prep just like
paint - remove all wax, rough up the finish, kill the silicone.

///