Re: Refer Seals

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Refer Seals
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 13:19:25 -0700
Ed :

My Whirlpool refer has a nylon cam in the hinge at the base of the door,
that lets the door down slightly just as it closes, creating extra
closing force.  I've had it both break and come loose, both times the
symptom was that the door would frequently hang open by 1/2" or so.

The gasket has to be replaced periodically, mine seem to last about 7
years.

Silicone spray is a good lubricant for the gasket, preferably food
grade, but at least make sure it doesn't contain a chlorinated solvent
(like methylene chloride).

Randall

Ed Van Scoy wrote:

> I have a standard kitchen-type refrigerator in my shop that on occasion
> leaks past the door seal. Can anybody recommend a product/process to
> clean/lube the seal in order to get it to seal better?

///