Re: Flooded flooring

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flooded flooring
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@suespammers.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:23:04 -0400
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 18:22:02 +0100, you wrote:

>While we're on flooring. Our cottage flooded recently and we are down to the
>concrete slab replacing the flooring. Our present plan is to use treated
>2x4s shimmed to level the considerably broken concrete slab. Then use
>diagonal treated 1x6s as underlayment. We then plan to use commercial tile.
>The question is; how do we get from the underlayment to the commercial tile?
>We'd like to use something that will withstand flooding and at least dry out
>without the risk of rotting or replacement. Any ideas?

normal practice underneath tile is to use some sort of concrete board
like wonderboard. it provides a coarse surface that the tile adhesive
will adhere to properly, and the extra thickness that is required
when you put tile on top of 3/4" plywood subfloors (which is what is
conventional practice.)

richard

///