Re: anybody out there with a early 90s corolla?

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: anybody out there with a early 90s corolla?
From: jblair@exis.net
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 07:13:50 -0400
>Hi,
>
>I got roped into changing the timing belt on the wife's '91 Toyota
>corolla......

>The problem I'm having is that I'm trying to figure out how to torque the
>crank......

Richard,

Since you say the impact wrench got it off, I assume you
are worried about putting it back on.  I wouldn't worry
too much about it.  When I've done that job on several
of my cars I just tighten it the best I can.  The bolt
always seems to find a way to tighten.  The other option
is to turn your impact wrench down a notch or 2 and use
it to tighten the bolt.

John

///