RE: X10 question

To: rwelty@suespammers.org
Subject: RE: X10 question
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 8:15:48 -0500
>with 4 bulbs installed, the wall switch works as a wall switch, but doesn't
>seem to support remote operation in any kind of reliable way -- the lights

Richard -

The X10 switches are supposed to be good for up to 500W; perhaps you got a
bum switch? (I've had a couple of bad ones.)

What are you using to send the signals to the switch?  I had some poor
response for a several days that I had trouble tracking down; it turned out
to be a glitch at the wireless transceiver (TM751).  I unplugged it for a
few seconds after which it was back to normal.

www.x10.com has a toll-free tech support line and a tech support web page.
See www.x10.com/support/technical_support.htm
There's also a link to a fairly in-depth description of X10 technology.
If you get this one figured out, let us know.

-Lee

   Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
   daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
   '74 TR6  '88 XJ6                      http://www.automate-it.com/Lee/

///