Re: coolant loss

To: Eugene D Abbondelo <eabb@loc.gov>
Subject: Re: coolant loss
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:12:38 -0700
I've had good luck over the years with Bar's Leak.  It's fixed more than
one small leak for me, and hasn't done any harm.  I'm using it now in
the '65, and it sealed a weep at the head gasket just fine.  I've also
recently used it in the Vanagon to seal a drip that developed at a stud
the extended into the cooling jacket.

These things all work on the same principle: Suspended fine particles
clog up small leaks and solidify, forming a more or less permanent
plug.  Some folks think they can clog up a cooling system, but I've
never had a problem in at least six different vehicles in 30 years.
http://barsleaks.com/Cooling_System/cooling_system.html.
--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Personal mechanic for:
'70 MGB GT (Daughter's)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Was daughter's, now son's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT

///