Problem with engine hoist

To: Shop <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Problem with engine hoist
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 08:20:17 -0800
Help!  The hydraulic ram on my engine hoist randomly releases, causing
the engine to drop fairly rapidly.  You can pump it back up, but it just
doesn't seem to hold for more than a few minutes.  The operating valve
is tight, and I can't see any damage to it, but perhaps the seat has
been deformed.  It does not appear to have leaked any oil.  This is a
definite safety hazard.

Any ideas?  Or is it time to buy a new one?
--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Daughter's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT

///
///