RE: Buildings

To: epetrevich@relavis.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Buildings
From: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:41:54 -0600
Inch-

Size: 40x40 is not overkill. I had 32x36 and wanted/needed 32x48 often.

Doors: 10 feet high is too low for many trucks, that can be a problem when
stuff is delivered. Had 12x12 doors on last shop, will have 12x14 doors next
probably.

Ceiling: 12 foot doors with 12 foot ceilings are a minimum.

Check out "Pole Buildings" too. The exterior appearance is almost exactly
the same as steel buildings.

Heating: No comments there, except insulate it well if you want it to heat
up fast. Otherwise, you are heating up the whole world! Also, a
well-insulated building requires very little heat for a stable temperature.

Material: I would use wood frame with strawbale in-fill, covered with stucco
and a roof with big overhangs if I were you. Quiet, very well insulated,
very fire resistant, it can be the ideal building method. I can send more
details if you are interested.

Mark V.S. in Austin, TX