Re: Car Dollies

To: "Eric Schulte" <schulte@odpemail.tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: Car Dollies
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:49:05 -0500 (EST)
Rick:  I bought the Harbor Freight dollies and have used them extensively.
Most recently they have been supporting a 1990 Mustang GT parts car I'm
taking apart.  Other times, my LBC's have been pushed around the garage and
yard on them.  Because each one has 4 rather heavy casters, it seems that a
heavier car is easier to move than the light ones, i.e., my shell of a
Bugeye Sprite isn't heavy enough to make the wheels swivel, but the Mustang
is a piece of cake. The one shortcoming is that they won't easily support my
jack stands because the bottom is curved to meet the wheel.  I haven't tried
it, but I think by building a platform out of 2x lumber would do the trick.
In any event, I find them to be well woth the money.  Watch for a sale;
sometimes as low as $49/pr.

At 11:49 AM 2/22/01 -0600, you wrote:

>Does anyone know of a good source for car dollies? I'm looking for the type
that have 3-4 casters each that are placed under the car tire and also have
a jack stand option (frame placement). These are a great way of pushing
project cars around in a shop without the hassle of jockeying.

>Retro-Rick

///
///