Re: Air Compressor Whoops

To: LRuggi2635@aol.com
Subject: Re: Air Compressor Whoops
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:38:41 -0500 (EST)
Hi, Larry.

FWIW, a 2-stage compressor will compress more air to a higher pressure
using the same power.  In other words, it is more efficient and more
effective.  Because of the compressibility of air, the more stages
used to reach a given pressure, the better.  Economics is usually the
limiting factor.  Rarely do compressors use more than two stages,
except for special circumstances (very high pressures, for instance.)

Donald.

> From: LRuggi2635@aol.com
> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:27:08 EST
>

> Whoops-- when I said "twin-cylinder" before, what I meant to say was
> "2-stage" instead.  I'm not sure Sears has offered 2-stage compressors for
> home use before.  They're advertising more CFM and max PSI with the
> 2-stagers, for about 30-50% more money, of course...thoughts?
>
> Larry Ruggiero
> Warner Robins GA

///
///