RE: Table Saw Height

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Table Saw Height
From: "Gene Merritt" <merrittgene@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:34:57 -0600
I've not seen any standards, but I'm sure the correct height depends on the
operator.  Like a workbench, the work surface height should be comfortable
for safety reasons (reaching, stooping, etc.)

Since you've already felt the surface was too high, then it probably is.
(It may not be too high for the designers at Sears, but they don't work in
your shop)

I'm not familiar with the Sears casters, but most accessory bases that I've
seen attach the wheels outboard of the legs, so the new height is probably
within 1/2" of the old height.  On my saw, I have the feet extended
somewhat, so I could adjust that difference out.

Gene.