Re: Powder-coat over enamel?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Powder-coat over enamel?
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:33:40 -0500
I don't think it will work.  On the PCing I've done, any surface
contamination causes poor PC adhesion.  But, on the wild chance that it
could work, you could probably get the definitive answer by calling
Eastwood.  Let us know, eh?

At 15:38 1/23/2001,  Lee Daniels was inspired to say:

>Is it possible to powder-coat (i.e. clearcoat) over newly-painted enamel?
>The item in question is my son's bicycle project, which has a nice new
>two-tone air-brush enamel job.  If this is possible, I assume that one
>would bake the enameled part prior to powder-coating, as one would do to
>treat bare metal.  The limited resources I have about powder-coating don't
>address this possibility.

Cheers!

///
///