Re: Bead blasting cabinet

To: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Bead blasting cabinet
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:55:45 -0800
Just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my question about the
HF blast cabinet. Responses ranged from "It's a nice unit for small
work but needs some legs" to "Leaks a fair abount of media" to "Way
too small, consider building one from TIP's plans and kits".

Carl Musson sent a pointer to a slightly larger cabinet also from
HF which is on sale for $64.99:

    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=35604

although Larry Hoy seems to think that the newer one has a better seal
around the window. It looks like it might be easier to replace the window
on the unit Carl refered to.

There was a bit of confusion about the price on the unit I posted. The
$69.99 came from an e-flyer that HF mailed me. If anyone would like a
copy of the flyer, just e-mail me and I'll send it along. I won't post
it to the list as it's an HTML document.

Thanks again,
Drew

--
Drew Rogge