Re: Any ideas?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Any ideas?
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:43:50 -0500
Thanks for all the advice on getting the table top on.  As any man will
know, the best way to get the job done is to bet someone that they CAN'T do
it!  Well, I received such a bet from the guy that I got the table from.
So, the past 2 nights I spent scratching my head and jacking up the top.  I
finally got it up there yesterday.  I built a "ramp" of sorts with timbers
and used 2 come-alongs to pull it up the ramp.  Worked like a charm.

It only fell once (and it was close to the floor when it did) and I lost 1
jack stand.  But other than that, it's mounted.  The real joy came from
when I place the 6' level on it without any shimming and it was "balls on"
from the start!  (I don't know how I would have shimmed it if it wasn't,
anyway)  So, I'll post some pictures soon.  Thanks again for all the great
advice!

Inch

MailTo:epetrevich@relavis.com

                    Chuck Rothfuss

                    <crothfuss@coast        To:     epetrevich@relavis.com

                    alnet.com>              cc:

                    01/16/01 09:34

                    PM

Inch,

   It's a welding table, so you may have to weld a couple tabs onto it to
do
this, but I think it'll work.  Use the block and stack method to get it up
even with the base, then use a chain hoist or come along (and maybe a
sledge
hammer to guide it onto the base.  Most you should need is a couple hooks
welded to the top to attach the winching device to.  It'll probably be
easier than you'd think.

Chuck

///
///