RE: Ideas received.....

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Ideas received.....
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:24:37 -0800
Well, I wanted to take a look at one of my jacks before answering this, but it
doesn't look like that's going to happen.

The place to drill may not be obvious, even after partial disassembly of the
jack.  You need to find a place in the base, where the hole will communicate
with the pressure area under the ram.  The body definitely will not do, since
the oil reservoir surrounds the ram cylinder.  I would guess you could see a
good place by removing the pump (which usually screws into the base), but it's
just a guess.

Randall

 Gerald J. Brazil wrote :

> just exactly where do I tap the gage in? to the main body of the bottle
> jack?

///
///