RE: Pole mounted chain saw

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <mgr@mgrcorp.com>
Subject: RE: Pole mounted chain saw
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:04:08 -0800
"Gwyn Reedy" <mgr@mgrcorp.com> wrote:

> I bought one of the rebuilt Remington pole saws from Harbor Freight. Works
> great, lots easier to work with than a pruning saw on a long pole. Just wish
> the pole was longer.

On the subject of trimming trees...

I needed to cut a limb hanging over my driveway (and cars) about 25-30 ft. up.
I ordered one of the "rope saws" - basically, a length of dual edged (cuts both
ways) chain saw chain with ropes on each end.  Throw the weighted bag on
the end of one rope (okay, in my case, throw it about 10 times until I get it
on
the limb), pull the rope until the chain gets to the limb, and start sawing.
Cut
thru in no time at all (make sure you stand well to the side as you do this...).

Course then I had to use the regular chain saw to cut up the wood and load
the truck - that limb was a LOT bigger than it looked...

You can trim as high up as you can throw the rope (adding lengths as needed).

Highly recommended...

And I don't get nearly as much bird crap on my cars...

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA