Re: New "manta" while doing Home Improvements.

To: "Shop Talk NG" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New "manta" while doing Home Improvements.
From: "Steve Hammatt" <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:11:20 -0800
Actually there was a second time we used a chain saw.
My neighbor had an OLD pump house (you know the type,
15' square at the bottom, 10' square at the top with tapered
sides) with a tank on top to hold water.  The tank was missing,
as was most of the windmill machinery, but we figured it would
make a great kennel for the Gt. Pyrenees dogs that we showed.
We made up a new foundation with slots for the sliding kennel
in-out doors, hired a 'stinger' crane and drove it across the open
fields.  The crane operator hammered together some cross-beams
inside the bldg, dropped a chain down through the middle of the
roof peak and took a slight strain on the building.  He then walked around
the bldg with the chain saw and cleanly cut through the 8
vertical 8x8 supports that formed the bldg. structure.  Cut free, the
building was then driven across the field and cleanly deposited on
top of the new concrete stub walls.  Took all of 45 minutes thanks
to the chain saw and a super crane operator!
Steve
Mount Vernon, WA USA