Re: Humorous? Mouse control strategy

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Humorous? Mouse control strategy
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:59:12 -0800
On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 07:40:54PM -0500, Rikrock@aol.com wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Here's part of a message recently posted on the Triumph list..........
>
> No, I haven't tried it..........yet.

I have, unfortunately.

A couple summers ago my wife and I spent a weekend exracting honey from
her bee hive for the first time.  We got about 40 pounds of honey and
filtered it through cheesecloth into a plastic bucket.  There was some
honey left in the filter, so we left the filter balanced on top of the
bucket to finish draining, with some cheesecloth over the whole thing
to keep stuff from falling in.

Next morning Laura went out to finish the job by pouring honey into
bottles, and discovered that a mouse had climbed up under the cheesecloth
to get to the honey and then fell in and drowned.  Oops.
We saved some of the honey to feed back to the bees over the winter, but
we didn't feel like eating any of it.

I've also had rodents of some sort put half-eaten acorns in my
some of my bikes mufflers.

--
  Eric Murray           Consulting Security Architect         SecureDesign LLC
  http://www.securedesignllc.com                            PGP keyid:E03F65E5