Re: Floor Jacks [was: Lincoln Floor Jacks]

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Floor Jacks [was: Lincoln Floor Jacks]
From: Chuck Spalding <chuck@adept.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:20:24 -0800 (PST)
I was delighted finally to see a discussion about floor jacks, since
that was my primary motivation for subscribing to the list.  But I'm
disappointed at how quickly it has evolved into a discussion about
impact wrenches, Vise Grips, etc. (with no change to the subject
heading, by the way).

Hoping to get back to the topic of floor jacks, does anyone have an
opinion about the Norco 71230?  It looks like it could be a great
product:  lift range of 3-3/4" to 20" (the low end is important to me),
claimed (by www.hyjacks.com) to have good quality (despite being made
in China), and price ranging from $140 to $170.

Also, can anyone direct me to a source of information about the Norma
brand that Richard Beels recommended?  I've searched the Web without
success.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck