Re: Safety Chains Was: Build it yourself Car Trailer

To: <jmark.vanscoter@amd.com>, <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>, <epetrevich@relavis.com>
Subject: Re: Safety Chains Was: Build it yourself Car Trailer
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:28:23 -0600
These are some great tips, especially the cotter pin.  I always cross my
chains over the top of the hitch so that they support the trailer wieght if
my coupler should come free for any reason.

I used to just cross them under the hitch, untill a friend of mine saw me
and related a story about how the hitch came loose on their horse trailer,
loaded with show horses.  The only thing that saved the horses was the fact
that the chains held the tongue up high enough that it didn't catch on the
road.

Larry Zink