Re: Gasket and Gasket-less Sealers

To: "Derek Harling" <derek.lola@home.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Gasket and Gasket-less Sealers
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:17:46 -0600
Derek
   I'm surprised you couldn't get all the info you needed from the Permatex
website. At ther very least you should try to get ahold of the full Permatex
catalog.
    But, in general:

Blue - original, standard apps without Oxygen sensor.  Oil pans, valve
covers
Black - pretty much like Bue, just different color.
Super Blue - oxygen sensor safe.  Use like blue or black.
Orange - hot applications - header flanges.
Copper - even hotter.
Grey - I think this is a minor variation to fit a GM spec number.

If you are going to have to separate the joint routinely, and    re-assemble
it a little oily, then Hylomar is still the only choice. Best representative
Hylomar application is Hewland gear changes.

Rex Burkheimer