Re: Electric motor fault

To: Paul Humphries <paul.humphries1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Electric motor fault
From: renaud <renaud@mail.oeonline.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 22:04:30 -0400
Hi, Paul, Not sure if this is relevent but I had a problem with
an air compressor that got harder and harder to start.  To make
a long story short it turned out that my acrylic laquer spray
painting in the garage over the years had built up a coating on the
contact areas.  I could bump start it but the capacitor wouldn't
kick it over.  About this time the garage door opener switch wouldn't
work all the time either.  I cleaned the g.d.switch and it worked fine.
Regards, Jack