Sandblasting Masks?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sandblasting Masks?
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:56:44 -0700
I recently had to do a small amount of sandblasting (a couple of A-arms)
to remove some rust.  Since I don't have a blasting cabinet I used a back
corner of my back yard that's just bare dirt, so the sand mixes in nicely, but
makes a lot of dust while blasting.

Since I didn't want to  breathe the dust, I decided to get a respirator mask.
The problem is, they all said "Not for Abrasive Blasting" on the packages.
What are you supposed to use?

I went ahead and got a decent mask, since I figured it was a lot better
than nothing...

Tim Mullen