RE: Garage Doors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Garage Doors
From: GDonati@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 02:12:32 EDT
epetrevich@relavis.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to but a garage door opener on "sideway
> sliding" doors?  (like the kind on old barns)
>
> I looking to do this and I can not seem to find a place that does it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric Petrevich - CLP
> Relavis Corporation | 212-817-4034
> mailto:epetrevich@relavis.com

Yes!  My mother's house has dual side-by-side sliding doors, and a garage
door company installed openers on both of them.  The openers are Genie's
"Professional Line" ("Blue Max" or something...), wherein the drive screw is
one solid piece.  The drive mechanism is attached to the doors by hollow 1
inch metal tubes with the ends pounded flat and mounting holes drilled.
GDonati@aol.com