Re: $^%&@% bandsaw piece of $#&^%@&@!!

To: George P Dausch IV <gpd4@juno.com>
Subject: Re: $^%&@% bandsaw piece of $#&^%@&@!!
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:15:32 -0700
On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 07:58:49AM -0400, George P Dausch IV wrote:
> Eric,
> Have just read the below FAQ, a lot of interesting stuff.  Anyway, I
> fought the same problem for several years.  Then I found my blades were
> about a 1/4" tall.  Bought some replacements that were about a 1/2" tall,
> never had another problem.  Have since upgraded to a bigger industrial

The blade I have (which came with the saw) is as tall
as the wheels are deep.  Is it ok to have a blade that's
taller than the wheels?  It seems to me that a shorter blade would
be more likely to stay on the wheels...

I did some research last night-- I was pissed off enough to
quit trying to make the saw work and have a beer, and I try to
not run equipment when I've had alcohol.  I found these two pages
which detail a procedure heretofore unknown to me- alinging the
wheels.  They're for wood saws but the principle should be the same.
I'm going to check (and fix, most likely) the alignment later today.

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~pwguild/bandsaw.htm
http://www.deltawoodworking.com/tips/bandsaw/bandsaw.html

and this page has a bunch of bandsaw (and other tool) links:
http://www.laymar-crafts.co.uk/link3.html

Thanks everyone for the advice and links!

--
  Eric Murray http://www.lne.com/ericm  ericm at lne.com  PGP keyid:E03F65E5
                     Consulting Security Architect