NPSH threads?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: NPSH threads?
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 10:55:55 -0700

Hi y'all.  I'm looking into buying some fire hose to protect my house
in the woods.  All the hoses and many nozzles come in either NPSH or
NH threads.  When I was a forest firefighter years ago, all the hoses
and nozzles etc used one thread.  I think this is NPSH but I'm not
sure.... the big issue is that I have a standpipe outlet that's connected
to the water tank, and I need to match the threads on it.  So I need to
know what the pitch of NPSH is, and none of my (few) shop books have it,
probably 'cause they're pipe threads and not machine threads.

So, do any of you know?

Thanks!

btw, in case you're interested, the house is in the Santa Cruz mountains
south-west of San Jose, CA.  The water system has a 10k gallon tank up
the hill (so there's still water when the power fails) and a 4" line
down to the house and produces about 75psi.  There's sprinklers on the
roof that're plumbed into the water system.  The people who built the
house cheaped out on some stuff but the water system wasn't one of them.
The hoses will be to defend the house if there's ever a big fire, or to
help put out a fire in the house itself...  a house across the valley
had a chimney fire and burned to the ground last winter because the
roads were iced up and the trucks couldn't get up them.

--
 Eric Murray www.lne.com/~ericm  ericm at the site lne.com  PGP keyid:E03F65E5
    Security consulting: security models, reviews, protocols, crypto.