RE: leather cleaner and conditioner.

To: "'Lee Daniels'" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>, gasket.works@gte.net
Subject: RE: leather cleaner and conditioner.
From: Gil Fuqua <gfuqua@corpcomminc.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 07:46:29 -0500
The guys on the Rolls-Royce list convinced me to try the Leatherique, and I
can confirm it is great stuff.  They also sell dye for the leather that is
very good and easy to use.  I had them custom mix some dye to touch up some
leather in an old car.  It worked very well.

Their system includes a condtioner that puts natural oils back into the
leather (don't use the horse stuff since it is greasy and will get on your
clothes) and a cleaner. You apply the conditioner on a hot day by wiping on
the leather, closing up the car and letting it soak in.  You then wipe it
off.  You then put on the cleaner (yes, the cleaner comes second) by wiping
on with a clean cloth.  In a short time, you see the dirt coming to the
surface and you wipe it clean.  In my car with light tan leather, it took
about four treatments of the cleaner until the wiping cloth was no longer
picking up dirt.

Gil Fuqua, Jr.
523 Third Ave. S.
Nashville, TN  37210