Re: Tile Shop Floors?

To: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Subject: Re: Tile Shop Floors?
From: JGN <jgn@li.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:00:09 -0400 (EDT)
A lot of old plants were built this way.  The IBM mainframe factory in NY
still has 'em, too.  Building codes were different back then and old
installs are grandfathered in.  A friend of mine runs an auto repair
business out of an old building with wooden floors -- it is OK because it
was old - but when he added a new wing he had to comply with the new
building codes for the new construction.

In any case, it is only a 'wooden floor' if it is attached to the
building.  There is nothing wrong with storing your lumber on the floor
and parking on top, any more than it is a problem to have wooden
furniture.  Just don't nail it; see my other post on just laying old
planking down.

John