Router Speed Control

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Router Speed Control
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 00:45:39 -0400
Anyone ever used one of those $40 RSCs that Toolcrib sells to slow down a
bench grinder, polisher or wet grinder instead of a router?

It claims to "reduce speed electronically without reducing torque;
electronic feedback maintains speed by increasing voltage to motor as load
increases. Adjustable speed from 0 rpm to full speed.  Full power & torque
at all speeds.  Works with routers 3-1/4" HP or less. 120-volt,
15-amp.  Does not work with soft-start routers."  Has a 3 position switch
(variable, off, full speed).

I'm thinking that it should be fine because how does the darn thing know if
you're using a 1/2 HP bench grinder or a 2 HP router.  Start up draw
shouldn't be too high to fry it, I think....

Cheers!