Ceiling for a Garage

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Ceiling for a Garage
From: nogera@juno.com
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:01:47 -0500
Okay folks time for a Shop- talk follow up.
 Several months ago I  asked for suggestions for a light weight ceiling
for my garage ( the attic is used for spare parts storage )
I received a lot of great suggestions but settled on Bathboard. It's a
white finished masonite which is designed for wet applications.
I've got to say it has worked out really well . Cost was $10.00 for a 4X8
sheet and 1.50 for the 'H' channel that joins two sheets.
The smooth bright surface looks great, reflects light and cleans off with
a air gun.
While more difficult to put up than sheet rock, once a sheet was in place
you were finished, no tape no paint .
It appears to be tough and will withstand the occasional bump but should
one of the panels get damages it can be easily replaced.
I would recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to sheet rock.
We now return you to your regular shop-talk  question and answers

Bob Nogueira

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.