Re: To cut or not to cut

To: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: To cut or not to cut
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:29:03 -0600
New rotors are milled at the factory, leaving a non-directional finish.
"Turned" rotors on a brake lathe end up with the equivalent of a very fine
"thread" which should removed with an abrasive disc whicle the rotor is
still chucked up and turning. Failure to do this can result in a clicking
sound when the brakes are applied or released.

Rex Burkheimer
 J-CON Coordinator, WM Automotive Whse      Fort Worth TX
Texas Region SCCA     FC #19    SRX7 #39
rex@txol.net  rex@ceoexpress.com

"There is pleasure sure in being mad which none but madmen know."  John
Dryden