Sales Droids

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sales Droids
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 07:56:16 -0800
We all seem to make fun of the Sears sales droids, but others
are just as bad.

Last night, I was at Home Depot for some plumbing supplies, so
I wandered over to check out their Husky tools.  One of the sales
droids "helping" a lady.  She had a quarter inch drive ratchet, and
needed a couple of sockets for it.  The guy had found the sockets,
bu in 3/8 inch, and adapters to attach it to the 1/4 inch rachet.
That's when I butted in and asked why they didn't use 1/4 inch
sockets.  The guy didn't even know what I was talking about...

We ended up putting back the items he had selected, and for
less money, the lady purchased a whole set of 1/4 inch sockets...

I don't understand how anyone can not understand such things...

Tim "The tool man" Mullen - as my wife likes to say "I don't think so, Tim..."