Re: Batt. cutoff switch

To: LBC286@aol.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Batt. cutoff switch
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@cast.navnet.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 20:53:33 -0400
Allen,

         All my Sunbeam Talbots are POS ground and I have the cutoff switch
on the NEG side which is the hot side in this situation. Never had a
problem and don't understand why it would cause a problem. The ones I use
are the type that mount directly on the battery post and has a green knob,
CCW disconnects and CW connects.

Regards,
Bob

At 02:31 PM 2/9/2000 -0500, LBC286@aol.com wrote:

>A question came up on the Spridgets list about which line to use
>when installing a battery cutoff switch in a car.  The concensus is
>to install it in the line that goes to the chassis...that is, the neg.
>cable on a neg. ground car or the pos. cable on a pos. ground car.
>But, no one can explain why.
>
>Can anyone here take a shot at the reason?  Or give me any other
>info about batt. cutoff switches?
>
>TIA,
>
>Allen Hefner
>Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
>'77 MG Midget
>'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Man of Many Sunbeams - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon 1953-1954
[Stable mates - 1973 Midget and 1968 M-B 280SE]
Home Page: www.navnet.net/~hamilton
BATANS Home Page: www.batans.ns.ca
E-Mail: hamilton@cast.navnet.net