Re: Tool makers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tool makers
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 12:24:33 -0500
I dunno but they do make good tools.  Or used to.  My dad had a Wright 1/2"
ratchet set that he got in the early 60's when he (re)became a
civilian.  It was still in great shape when I had it stolen from my
apartment in Detroit 10 years ago.  I've seen some tools recently from them
that are nice so the potential for good stuff from them is still
there.  And the private label stuff would be made with the same forgings
(hard to amortize that out) with potentially different steel and most
likely different finishing levels...

They make a nice 3/8" ratchet that's the size of a 1/2" ratchet.

At 11:22 AM 1/5/00 ,  Steve Hammatt was inspired to say:

>RE: recent thread about tool makers:  Did anyone mention
>Wright tools?  I have their catalog and I was in their manufacturing
>plant near Akron, OH last year (visiting a friend, not on business).
>They definitely manufacture much, if not all, their tool line.  I understand
>that much of their business is Private Label for others.  Anybody
>know what other tool lines they build for?
>
>Steve

Cheers!