Re: Thanks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanks
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 18:02:51 -0500
At 10:23 PM 1/2/00 -0500, Eric J Petrevich (alias Inch) wrote:

>I wanted to thank everyone who gave me advice on the impossible brake bolt.
> Here is what I did...
>
>Put the old pads back on.  Made appointment for local shop to replace the
>pads and rotor on that side (labor only).
>Made dentist appointment (my tooth is KILLING me!) 8>(
>
>I know this is a cop out, but for the 2 hours I had on THAT ONE BOLT
>already, (minus 2 sockets and a tooth) It's not worth it.  I'll also have
>them check the alignment.

>----------Which brings me to the next question...--------------
>
>What is the correct way for a "shadetree mechanic" to check and adjust
>front end alignment?
>I've never done it before, I just left it to a shop (most of my wrenching
>is on motorcycles) but I need to do it on my Jeep.

Inch,

   Based on your soultion to the previous problem, hope in the Jeep and drive
to the nearest front end shop (tire store) and have them do it!  :)

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org