Re: Brakes and Broken stuff

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brakes and Broken stuff
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 12:26:24 -0500
I second the impact driver and heat stuff.  I got a Crapsman heat gun for
Christmas from the wife (it was used and half price).  With a bunch of
tips.  They have a tip than necks down to 1/4 (or close) and the gun goes
to 1000 degrees (F).

And, yes..  HD will replace Husky tools.  You have to goto the Service Desk
and then a guy will walk you to the tool corral and you swap the part and
then go back to the service desk and do the paperwork shuffle.  You do not
need a receipt.  I can image the socket snapping as the tips would be the
weak part (these are torx tips, right?).  I've never snapped a "walled"
socket, had quite a few crack in my days :-) but never into multiple
pieces....

Kroil (preferred) or PB Blaster (Secondary) soaks would help as well....

At 11:01 PM 1/1/00 ,  Eric J Petrevich/LRM was inspired to say:

>So, my questions...
>
>How do I loosen this nut.  (should I use the "fire wrench" that close to
>the brakes?)
>Does anyone know if home depot will exchange a T-60 for their Husky line?

Cheers!