Re: brake and fuel line plumbing

To: <jniolon@uss.com>
Subject: Re: brake and fuel line plumbing
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:37:29 -0600
Have you got the Brake Handbook from HP Books?

The plumbing should be pretty simple. 3/16 line is almost universal.
Tee the rear line close to the differential, not really critical.
Recommend braided steel flex hoses, unless you want a softer pedal. Some do,
especially in a resto-rod.
Proportioning valve can be almost anywhere, since it is simply a
pressure-limiting device.  I presume you have an adjustable one. You would
likely be using the small end of the adjustment - very little restiction.
I would want a master cylinder from a dual-disc system, perhaps from the
Lincoln rather than the Volare.
Brackets should be a matter of common sense. The only ones critical would be
the front wheels.  Start by looking at the relationship on your street
car/truck. Then mount everything up  and try various fore/aft locations
while moving the steering through it's range. The flexible hose should be
level with the wheels at their normal ride height.
I'd use standard tubing unless I were in the snow/salt part of the
universe.

Rex Burkheimer
 J-CON Coordinator, WM Automotive Whse      Fort Worth TX
Texas Region SCCA     FC #19  Reynard
rex@txol.net  rburkheimer@hotmail.com

Gravity...It's Not Just a Good Idea.  It's the Law.
"There is pleasure sure in being mad which none but madmen know."  John
Dryden