Re: Garage Ceiling

To: tllaz <tllaz@cros.net>, Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Garage Ceiling
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:56:51 -0800
> !. What are the beat type of lites to use in a heated garage/shop.

I used commercial-quality fluorescents with exposed, four-foot tubes (2). I
then bought sunlight-quality tubes. The fixtures were about $30.00 each, and
the tubes are about $5 or $6 each. Wonderful light.

> 2. Hase any one ever used a suspended ceiling in a graage.  I need to put up
>something over the insulation and hate to lift drywall 11
feet.

The sheetrock will give you protection  from the spread of fire. To put the
stuff up, use a Genie sheetrock hoist. It's a telescoping cylinder with an
x-shaped base with castors, and a small platform to lift the 'rock. It uses a
cylinder of CO2 to extend the cylinder, and the control is on the end of a
hose, so you can go up the ladder and control it from there. Try a rental yard.
It makes it very manageable.

- Bill