Re: Another frozen fastner question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another frozen fastner question
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:34:49 -0500
Ken,

  If these are delicate things try hitting them with a hand engraver.  The
mini air chisel effect of the engraver can sometimes help free things up a
bit.  I've always pushed on the outside of the screw in the direction I
wished it would move.  This along with heat (especially with mixed metals
like that) lube and impact drivers oughto eventually get them out.  How
about cutting off the heads and then dealing with the headless screws once
the center cap was out of the way?  Too short?

Chuck "many screws loose" Rothfuss