icemaker woes

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: icemaker woes
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:34:18 -0600

here's a new subject !!!   my kenmore ref/freezer has developed an icemaker
problem....no ice !!
water is supplied...  little wire hickey thing (technical name) is down
where it is suppossed to be...it just quit one day

any suggestions on troubleshooting.... testing... sagas on replacement ????
I've tri ed changing the freezer thermostat setting to the warmest...
wiggled the ice size knob...  the tray is empty...could that mean a frozen
water input ??? or a bad fill valve ???   is there a way to cycle the motor
to test it without water/ice in the tray ???

I'm sure ...as always... the amassed knowledge of this group will get my
tea 'iced' again ???  TIA

john