Re: floor tiles

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: floor tiles
From: Eric J Petrevich/LRM<inch@megageek.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 19:38:31 -0500
I went to Home Depot today to find the tiles.  After asking 2 sales drones
about them (to which they "never heard of them") I found them under a sign
by the flooring desk.  I asked the price, "special order ONLY, full cases
ONLY (10 per) and $30 per case."  $3 a square foot?  That Pergo stuff is
only $2.75 INSTALLED!

So I called a friend of mine how owns a pool supply store and asked him
about them.  "Sure, I got some, they didn't sell very well. "
"What's the cost?" I asked
"$3 a tile"
Well, what the HELL can be making these tiles so expensive?  Everywhere I
do see them, they are an arm and a leg.  Everyone place ALSO states that
they are "very poor sellers."  I wonder why?

If anyone knows where I can find these for a cheaper price (hopefully $1 a
tile) LMK.  I've got an area around 114 sq feet.  Thanks.

inch
inch@megageek.com

John Miller <johnm@ims.com> on 11/09/99 07:01:03 PM
Please respond to John Miller <johnm@ims.com>